Applying for Funding
Before applying for funding please read through our funding policy below and the FAQ page of this website to ensure your project is eligible for funding. Please also read through the application notes.
When you are sure your project is suitable for funding please download and fill in one of the application forms available on this site. Complete your form and return it to SITA Cornwall Trust, all our contact details are all on this site.
If you require further information, clarification or have any questions please contact our office, and we will be able to answer all your queries.
SITA Cornwall Trust will fund projects that:
The following was adopted as the Funding Criteria for the Trust:
- Satisfy the regulations of the Landfill Communities Fund
- Meet SCT's funding criteria
Canvassing of Directors is strictly prohibited and will result in the disqualification of the applicant.
- The Trust will normally only consider community project applications up to a maximum grant value of £30,000. Larger projects may be considered by the Trust, but applicants will need to make a very strong case for support.
- Projects should be community driven and demonstrate significant fundraising efforts by the community.
- Applicants will need to demonstrate that there is a demand for the facility that would result from the project being supported by SCT.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate that the project is financially sustainable and should have a minimum of ten-year ownership or effective control of the facility.
- Projects must be in Cornwall
- A project should be able to demonstrate that it has support of the parish/district/county council where appropriate.
- SCT support of a project should, where appropriate, increase the potential number of beneficiaries able to use the facility.
- The severity of any demonstrated landfill disturbance to a project site will be taken into consideration.
- No project or project site can make an application within three years of the date the funding agreement was signed for a previously successful application.
- The Trust has allocated £150,000, specifically for Church projects, annually. Works should be fabric related and heating projects will only be considered if they include a sustainable energy element.